Site running slow

T. Valko

Is it just me or has the site been running kind of slow the last few days?

Clicking a link sometimes takes "several" seconds (10, 15, 20 or more) to respond if it responds at all.

Before the "slow down" clicking a link would respond after 1 or 2 seconds.

Biff,

Have you noticed patterns, like certain times of the day, in which you experience this slowness?

Biff,

Have you noticed patterns, like certain times of the day, in which you experience this slowness?
I can't say that I've noticed certain times of the day but I'm experiencing it since I've logged in today at about 9:30 AM US EST.

Click a link and sometimes it opens instantly. Other times I get the delay that can take 10's of seconds (if it opens at all). After ~20 seconds I usually hit my browser STOP button. I don't have much patience I guess! :)

Just a shot in the dark, but have you tried deleting your cookies, cache, and temporary internet files and see if that helps at all?

I can't say that I've noticed certain times of the day but I'm experiencing it since I've logged in today at about 9:30 AM US EST.

Click a link and sometimes it opens instantly. Other times I get the delay that can take 10's of seconds (if it opens at all). After ~20 seconds I usually hit my browser STOP button. I don't have much patience I guess! :)

That happens to me sometimes but I just click on the link again lollll.

But yeah try Joe4's suggestion :P

That happens to me sometimes but I just click on the link again lollll.
If that happens while you are posting, don't hit submit more than once (even if it "hangs"), otherwise it usually post your response multiple times.

Just a shot in the dark, but have you tried deleting your cookies, cache, and temporary internet files and see if that helps at all?
I clear that stuff out the last thing I do every night without fail.

This was the first site I visited today so that shouldn't be the problem.

Right now it's about 5:00 PM EST. I'll see how it goes during this session.

The site generally runs at fairly good speed for me, except for a short period of about 5 minutes every day at 1:40 pm my local time. That is about 35 minutes after the time on this post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugubara

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back