Site experienced a network protocol violation that cannot be repaired.

Toadstool

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi!

Yesterday and today my Firefox 85.0.2 64 bit browser gave me this error when trying to access the site:
"Oops.
The site at Excel Questions has experienced a network protocol violation that cannot be repaired.
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the data transmission was detected.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem."

If I wait a few minutes I can access the site.

Is it me or is it you?

Hi, @Toadstool

Although we experienced slowness and related page errors for a short time period due to a server load yesterday between 11:12 AM and 11:22 AM (EST), it was not something that would cause the error you reported in the browser, and it didn't happen today.

Is it happening all the time?
Did you recently updated Firefox software?
Do you have a chance to try another browser like Chrome to see if it happens there as well?

This particular error, network protocol violation, returns mostly Firefox results in the Google search. And the error itself is especially very famous as the "Twitter Firefox protocol violation" occurred last year as I can see.
I found the following on Mozilla Support - especially the section mentioning graphical accelerator in Firefox settings:

Is it happening all the time?
Did you recently updated Firefox software?
Do you have a chance to try another browser like Chrome to see if it happens there as well?

This particular error, network protocol violation, returns mostly Firefox results in the Google search. And the error itself is especially very famous as the "Twitter Firefox protocol violation" occurred last year as I can see.
I found the following on Mozilla Support - especially the section mentioning graphical accelerator in Firefox settings:

It seems intermittent.
Firefox auto-updated to 85.0.2 a few days ago.
My preferred browser is Firefox.
I turned off the graphical accelerator option as suggested. I'll report back if I see the issue again.

I turned off the graphical accelerator option as suggested. I'll report back if I see the issue again.
Thank you.

Could you please also try clearing cookies? I keep Firefox installed only for testing purposes, but I heard many issues with Firefox cookies and problems browsing the forums in the past.

Could you please also try clearing cookies? I keep Firefox installed only for testing purposes, but I heard many issues with Firefox cookies and problems browsing the forums in the past.

This is the first time I've seen issues with the forums but I guess your answer to my question is "It's me".

I've cleared cache & cookies.

This is the first time I've seen issues with the forums
I was referring to really old times, more than 5 years ago. But it was mostly a cookie problem that Firefox caused.

I guess your answer to my question is "It's me".
Not really until I hear "it has been fixed" from you. Although I prefer that answer (really sorry but I prefer the problem at the browser side instead of the website since the browser problem could be relatively easy to be solved), I'd like to make sure about it completely.

Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sukhman

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back