Simply current workload. Pivot table?

ShadowRider

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
  2. Web
I am attempting to assist my wife who manages a medical team and gets summary data (css) which she imports into excel.
Data is typically several thousand rows (up to around 20K) and columns are various information such as: Type, priority, Department, location, physician, and duration.
She needs to find the median duration for various combinations of sorts/filters that she applies. She is using the latest version of excel for windows while I am using the latest for the Mac - if there is a preference, a solution for windows is preferred as that's ultimately where the work will be needed.

We have a formulas that find the median (data is in minutes) in hours:
=MEDIAN(IF(SUBTOTAL(103,OFFSET(K9:K100000,ROW(K9:K100000)-MIN(ROW(K9:K100000)),,1)),K9:K100000))/60
the total number of items selected in the current sort:
=SUBTOTAL(3,K7:K100000)
and also the percentage that is above a threshold (which can be 24 or 48 hours and is in cell I4)
=SUMPRODUCT(SUBTOTAL(103,OFFSET(K6:K100000,ROW(K6:K100000)-MIN(ROW(K6:K100000)),,1))*(K6:K100000<60*I4))/I3

These formulas work great, but she has to select the various filters first, then copy the results of those formulae into a separate worksheet.
Is there a way, perhaps pivot table (or anything else), whereby all the calculations for the above could be generated automatically? The filtering that is needed does not change for each time the report is generated.

I may be able to provide sample data but I would need to sanitize the data first so I dont want to do that unless is necessary to explain things better.

Ultimately, if I can get a 'calculations' page that will provide the above, I'd add a selection to that page to choose from one of the existing worksheets (she had to do this for monthly, quarterly, and yearly repost).

thanks in advance for suggestions on a better solution.

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbldoc

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back