Simple reporting question?

Chackett

I need to create a report in access with column headings across the top of the page and row headings along the side - and I need the row headings to be on every page of the report. Is there a feature in access reporting that i am not seeing similar to the excel feature that lets you print cetain columns on each page of the report? Thanks for your help in advance!

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
View>Page Headers will let you add column headers to each page

Rows repeat with the data so if you add a lable against you text box it will repeat each row.

I am not sure what feature you are refering to in excel, but if it is the column order in page setup then you have a similar function in Access setup.

peter

Upvote 0
Hi,

I do this alot. You would put what you consider the rows in the detail section. Also take a look at the Sorting and Grouping Feature, which allows a sort function to be developed, similar to excel, but it takes getting used to.

Use the page headers or report header as the last user suggested. That will be your columns.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaseremad

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back