Simple church database

papabill

I am trying to build a simple database for our church members so I can eventually publish a member directory (with pictures).

The FIRST problem I'm having is that I'm VERY NEW to Access (any version). I've searched high and low for church directory software, but the only ones I can find are FAR ABOVE my budget.

One problem I'm having is trying to take two fields and concatenate them so that Field1 "FNAME" and Field2 "LNAME" can be printed as "FNAME LNAME". Just butting them up to one another just leaves such a gap between the names.

Another problem is setting up a report page to include the photos of each member, their FNAME LNAME, and CITY ST, with two or three members per row.

Does any of that make sense? and can it be done?

Thanks, and God bless

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Welcome to the Board!

If you look at the Access templates you'll find one for contact management that includes the ability to add a picture.

As for First Name/Last Name you can concatenate them in a query:

Name:FNAME&" "&LNAME

HTH,

Upvote 0
As for First Name/Last Name you can concatenate them in a query:
Name:FNAME&" "&LNAME

I'm sorry, as I said, I'm TOTALLY new to Access, so I have NO IDEA how to create a query except to click on what fields I want to display, but creating something like that is completely out of my expertise.

Upvote 0
I did find an example of what I need by continuing to search the Inet. Now my question would be can you give me a hint where to find information about having two or three pictures (and corresponding info) on a single line in a report?

Thanks

Upvote 0
If you found a template, there should be an Attachment field for contact image. If there are already contact reports set up, then in Design mode on the form, you can click the Add Existing Fields button and drag the image onto the report.

You can also use the Report Wizard to help you create your own:

Create Access 2010 Reports

Access 2010: Creating Reports

Upvote 0
I have searched and searched and cannot find anything telling me how to NOT print fields in a report if OTHER fields are true.

For instance, I have several minor children that I DO NOT want to print their phone numbers. I've tried several things in queries, but nothing works.

Guidance?

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LizN

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back