Show rank # in a report

prixbonb

:oops: I'm just reporting total sales by salesperson and I want to show their ranking in the report. I created a textbox titled Rank1, but how do I populate it with 1 through x where x = the total number of salespeople?

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
thank you for the tip. another, more round-about way to do it, i discovered, is to create an invisible field in the report with a controlsource of "=1". lets call this control [One]. then i created a rank field that was visible, and gave it a control source of "=[One]", and set the RunningSum property to Yes. This isn't perfect, because if there are ties, whichever one is listed first will have a better rank than the one listed second. however, for my purposes, this is just fine. the odds of me having a tie to begin with are slim. the ultimate effect of this method is to provide an incremental line number on a list that was sorted by the query that created it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hglymph

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back