Sheet window > the Excel window ???

RalphA

"I have boxed myself into a corner!".

While having both the Excel window and a spreadsheet window in the "window" mode (pressing the little double-square icon at the top-right of the title bar), I have raised the Excel window as high as I could, and lowered the bottom as low as I could. I managed to do the same for the workbook, greedily trying to see as much as possible of the workbook at one time!

Now, I cannot "grab" the bottom of the workbook to reduce its size. The double-arrow that I manage to see and manipulate, turns out to be the Excel one. If I reduce this window, the worksheet apparently remains the same size, though the bottom is not visible. So, if I try to use the down-arrow key from some place in the visible region, I find that it will scroll below the visible bottom and, until it reaches that "bottom", it is not visibly scrolling!

I would appreciate if someone can explain how can I get control of this workbook again? :(

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
What version of excel is this? In any case... I'm using Excel 2002 and I don't think it is possible to drag the window too far down as you describe *unless* you have the drawing toolbar open (or perhaps some other toolbar) at the bottom of the excel window. If there is a toolbar there then try moving it to the top of the excel window or turning it off from the view menu. You should be able to grap the bottom right corner or your worksheet and resize it after you move the toolbar...

Does that help?

Good luck,

-DanExcel

Upvote 0
You could resize it from the top, reducing its size, then moving the window up, then resizing some more, moving, until you can see the bottom border...

Upvote 0
DanExcel, thank you for your commentary, but, it is not a matter of "I don't think you can...". What i am prsenting is a FACT!

Pablo González, thank you very, very much!!! Your solution worked! It has been months that I have had this problem, and just didn't have any idea as to how to go about solving it. You have really shed the light on this very vexing problem I had. Thank you, again! :D

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sfairbro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back