Share experience on Mobile Broadband in the UK

Richard Schollar

MrExcel MVP
Hi All

I only want to hear of your experience of mobile broadband in the UK - please nowhere else in the world (as I live in the UK).

I have looked into mobile broadband deals with Vodafone, T-mobile, 3 and O2. They all come in at around £15 per month. I have seen many customer comments denigrating their service because of poor speed (I think at least some of these people were using it as their main broadband, whereas I will only be using on my commute to/from work to surf sites like MrExcel).

Can anyone add their experiences and advise me which provider is best?

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
Hi Rich

I think I've given you my feedback before.

I use 3 mobile broadband. It works well at my home and it is one of the cheaper ones available. You also get half price if you are an existing 3 customer.

As for train travel - I have found that the connection is interrupted intermittently on the waterloo line from Basingstoke. It can be a little frustrating losing connection but it's only ever for a brief moment and it's quick to reconnect.

You are welcome to borrow it for a day and test it yourself if you like.

One more point to add. I don't know much about technicalities - but I would liken speed of connection to 1MB broadband that I have had in the past. Ok for forum's etc. but a little painful if trying to e.g. upload large pictures to facebook.

Thanks Jon - I may well take you up on your offer. We have to meet up at some point to do some admin stuff anyway :-)

Cool - I'll get in touch with Ed and make arrangements. I'm just waiting for dust to settle and then I'm going to get really busy! Going part time soon - need to find more work!

Mikey has Vodaphone mobile broadband. He may well spot this post - otherwise PM him and ask him what he thinks about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djjamesp

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back