Setting Default Headers and Footers

rcavedo

I am a student using Excel on a school computer. When I go to page setup and sellect header/footer there is a dropdown box for default choices for both header and footer. When I add a new custom header and footer for THAT worksheet. The new Header and footer are added to the appropiate drop down menus. However, the new defaults are NOT added to the default menus on the other worksheets within the workbook, much less being added as defaults to other workbooks. How can I permantely add default headers and footers. When I open a new workbook the textbook author's default headers are included as well as the school's. So there must be a way to add to the default list.

Tkanks
Bob

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
The best way to achieve this is by either setting up a template file or by creating a macro. The best way, I think, is a macro. Record a macro of you formatting the header and footer, and then you can just hit your shortcut key on each page to format the header and footer.

You could also create a template file, a blank workbook with header and footer info and save it in your XLStart folder if you want the same info on all files. Don't do this on a shared computer though, only do this if you're using your own computer. Macro is better, because you only put the info when you want to.

Upvote 0
You may want to know this also:

To use the same header/footer on ALL worksheets, simply group your worksheets first. Right-click one of the sheet tabs, choose Select all sheets. Then do the header/footer thing. PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO UNGROUP YOUR SHEETS!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvp2262

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back