Set focus

Bartk

Board Regular
Hi everyone, been a long time since I been on so I have forgotten much of what I self taught so forgive me if my terminology is rusty.

I have a database which I take users info and then save it into the table via a button which has an embedded macro that executes on click. So far so good, something simple I want to do and I'm afraid I'm going to mess up the database if I just start making changes. I would like to have the cursor go to the first field which I put the person's last name in the event I have multiple people I have to add.

Is there a simple way to accomplish this? Do I have to add something within the macro or what? Thanks.

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
Hi,

Have you tried setting the Tab Index to 0 on the field that you want the cursor to start in. Also make sure that the Tab Stop property is set to "Yes".

Upvote 0
Yes I have the tab index @ 0 and the tab stop property is set to yes. Would it be something on the form itself or would it be something that I have to add to the macro at the very end of it so it tells the cursor to "go" there?

Upvote 0
I have not played with Access in a while but from what I remember when the form gets the focus the cursor should automatically move to the Control that is Tab Index 0. I never had to code it in...

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senthil Murugan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back