Seperate records by Date?

k12hugh

Hi,

Every week a file will be imported into a table which breaks out into three separate queries, depending on the pay frequency. Within that, I know one of the pay frequencies will have two calendar dates associated, another will have two dates, and a third will have four dates. These dates will be changing each week, so it’s not like I can set the criteria for a specific date. The pay dates will be on the Thursday of each month.

I need to break these down so I have a separate query for each pay frequency with only one pay date. Therefore, I essentially need 8 separate queries. Is there any way for access to do that? It will need to recognize that a pay frequency has two distinct calendar dates associated, and give me separate results by the different dates. Each record will only have one date associated with it.

There should be separate queries for:

Biweek 26 – 1/1/2016
Biweek 26 – 1/15/2016
Weekly – 1/1/2016
Weekly – 1/8/2016
Weekly – 1/15/2016
Weekly – 1/22/2016
Ect.

But again, those calendar dates will change constantly. The number per pay frequency however will remain constant.

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
Cross-posted: Query that seperates the date?

While we do not prohibit Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule #13 here: Forum Rules).

This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

For a more complete explanation on cross-posting, see here: Excelguru Help Site - A message to forum cross posters).

I think that we will need to know your exact table structure and see some sample data to try to come up with a solution.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zack_ken

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back