Sending email to contact when updates have not been made in worksheet

PivotMeThis

I have a report on our network where a list of specific users update information on a weekly basis. The spreadsheet contains their email addresses in column M.

There are specific cells that users may update each week but they might not need to update each item. The columns that they may update include S, T, U, W, X, Y, Z, AA, AL, AM, AQ, AR, and AS. Other columns are locked but I can unlock them and make my own updates to the rest of the sheet. My updates would include updating other fields and not these columns.

The spreadsheet contains code that turns the font blue when a change has been made so that the Editor can review changes. There are two hidden buttons for her use, one to turn the font back to black when she is done editing each week and another to paste specific rows to another sheet for another team to use.

That may be more information than you need to know - but just in case.

SO, I got a note from the editor this morning and she wants me to find a way to send an email to a contact if they have not updated one of these rows. Another problem with this is there are multiple rows that cannot be updated and they too are locked. This is because the worksheet contains project information but is then reported with contract level information. A contract can have multiple projects and is listed on multiple rows because it is reporting the project costs. There are formulas to total these project costs onto the top row of each contract. The only thing I really have to identify the contract level row in an X in column A.

So I guess if nothing has changed in a row with an X in column A then an email needs to be sent to the contact in column M each week. When each week(?), I haven't figured out but it will likely be a specific day and time such as Monday by 9:00 AM.

This is so far out of my reach that it seems impossible but can anyone help me?

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekerinik

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back