Send queried data to a form.

dkubiak

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I built a query in SQL using the Like [] criteria; however, it spits that data out in a table (data view). I would like it to be displayed on a form where the user can manipulate it further with command buttons.

How do I do that?

:eek:

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
To get started you might want to try going to Insert>Form.

Then select your query and choose one of the options (Design View, Form Wizard etc)

Upvote 0
Thanks. That was easy, not sure why I couldn't figure it out myself. :confused:

Upvote 0
Re: Auto-adjust field values...

Okay, I got more:

So, I have a table called "Part Numbers" and another called "Inventory Levels". Within table "Part Numbers" I have columns as follows: "Part Number", "2d Part Number", "3d Part Number". Within table "Inventory Levels" I have columns as follows: "On Hand Quantity" , "Reorder Point", "Reorder Quantity".

I then built the following query that allows me to search all part numbers and display the data on a form (as discussed above):

SELECT [Part Numbers].[SSCC Part Number], [Part Numbers].[Part Number], [Part Numbers].[2d Part Number], [Part Numbers].[3d Part Number], [Inventory Levels].Location, [Inventory Levels].[On Hand Quantity], [Inventory Levels].[Reorder Point], [Inventory Levels].[Reorder Quantity]
FROM ((Description INNER JOIN [Inventory Levels] ON Description.ID=[Inventory Levels].ID) INNER JOIN [Part Numbers] ON (Description.ID=[Part Numbers].ID) AND ([Inventory Levels].ID=[Part Numbers].ID)) INNER JOIN [Vendor Information] ON (Description.ID=[Vendor Information].ID) AND ([Inventory Levels].ID=[Vendor Information].ID) AND ([Part Numbers].ID=[Vendor Information].ID)
WHERE ((([Part Numbers].[Part Number]) Like [])) OR ((([Part Numbers].[2d Part Number]) Like [])) OR ((([Part Numbers].[2d Part Number]) Like []));

Once that data is displayed on the form, I would like to have a command button for "Issued" and one for "Received". A text box would pop up, and if, for example, I hit "Issued", then typed "2" into the box, then "2" would be added to my "On Hand Quantity" field automatically.

I also need to track usage data. So, when that 2 is added, I would like the 2 to be stored in a seperate data along with the part number and date.

I know I am asking a lot, so anything you can offer would be great.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samue Thon Ajaladin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back