Selecting Report Criteria in Access 2000

jamey84

I have a database that houses project information. Each project has equipment that is associated with the project. My main goal is that I want to be able to do some reporting on the quantities of equipment, for certain time spans depending upon in service dates. (ie. I want to show the quantity of widgets going into service between 6/1/2005 and 6/1/2006).

This reporting is going to be used by people not familiar w/ Access, so I was thinking that I could create a form that would display the different types of equipment in a drop down box, and then give text boxes where you could put in the date range. The user would then select the type of equipment, and date range.

The problem that I am running into is that I am unsure how I can use this information that I select/input as part of a query to extract the info from the database, and in the end, display that data selected in a report. Any ideas, as my SQL isn't what it once was? Maybe there is a better way to do this that I am not thinking of? Thanks much in advance.

jamey84

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Ian Mac,

Thanks for the help. Your idea got me going in the right direction, and I was able to expand it. Thanks so much!

jamey84

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deasejm

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back