Selected Cell Shown in Different Cell

Pacman52

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all, I'm not quite sure how to explain this question but here goes !

I have a workbook that is coded to hide / disable all the Excel elements, ribbons, bars, etc when its opened as per this code:
VBA Code:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()

With Application
        .ScreenUpdating = False
        .Calculation = xlCalculationManual
        .ExecuteExcel4Macro "Show.Toolbar(""Ribbon"",False)"
        .WindowState = xlMaximized
        .CommandBars("Full Screen").Visible = False
        .CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = False
        .DisplayStatusBar = False
        .DisplayFormulaBar = False
        .DisplayScrollBars = False 
    End With

With ActiveWindow
        .DisplayWorkbookTabs = True
        .DisplayRuler = False
        .DisplayHeadings = False
    End With

With Application
        .ScreenUpdating = True
        .Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
    End With

Worksheets("Data").Visible = False
Worksheets("Search").Visible = False

End Sub

Is there a way to have a cell for example A1, display (mirror) the contents of any cell selected on a specific worksheet so that if the user need to edit it they can make any changes they need and those changes will be applied to the actual cell. Basically the same as if I had the formula bar showing and selected any cell if would show in the formula bar.

My logical mind is saying its possible based on the fact the formula bar already does it but I have no clue on how to achieve this if it is in reality possible at all.

Of course the simplest solution would to just show the formula bar when the workbook opens but the worksheet this relates to has (or will have) a lot of formulas on it that would show and whilst I know I protect them, I'm trying to get a really 'clean' look for the workbook.

Hopefully that makes sense to someone if so I'd love to get some help on this although whilst I do have some understanding of Excel and VBA its basic !

Thank in advance for any replies.

Paul

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
You said Quote:
Is there a way to have a cell for example A1, display (mirror) the contents of any cell selected on a specific worksheet so that if the user need to edit it they can make any changes they need and those changes will be applied to the actual cell. Basically the same as if I had the formula bar showing and selected any cell if would show in the formula bar.

Yes that can be done using Vba sheet change event script.

So on sheet Named "Alpha" Range("A1") any value that changes on any other sheet will be entered into Range("A1") on sheet named "Alpha"
Is that what you want?

But then you said:
any cell selected. Selected and changed are not the same
I can select a cell but not change the value in a cell.
So which is it: Selected or changed. Like changing the cell value from empty to "Hello" Or from "Alpha" To "Bravo"

Upvote 0
Thanks so much for the reply and apologies my question was a tad confusing. I've simplified the workbook now as in reality its only going to be used by 1 person and I was trying to make it as simple as possible for them to use by trying to think of all the possible future data entry issues they may have but I was over complicating it.

But in relation to my original question what I was asking was the following:

I have a sheet with various columns from A - U and rows currently from 3 - 160.
If a user selected A150 or any other cell then I wanted whatever content is in that cell or whatever cell is selected to show in another referenced cell on the same sheet (say A1 for example) so that the user could amend / change it in A1 and for that change to happen in A150 (or whatever cell is originally selected) as well.

Basically in exactly the same way you can change a cell if a workbook has the formula bar visible but for this particular workbook the formula bar isn't showing as I don't want it to.

Hopefully that makes more sense and whilst I don't need this anymore it would be interesting to know if its possible.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back