Segregation of Excel Worksheet

arviy2k

Board Regular
Hi,

I'm using Office 2010. I have an excel workbook which is the summary of expenses for all cost centers for a year, and a few pivot tables that link to this data.

What I need, is individual reports for each cost center. How I do it currently is, if there are 5 cost centers, I create 5 copies of the file, delete data for all cost centers except one and refresh the pivots. Is there any way to automate this using VBA? Automation will help save a lot of time and effort.

I have uploaded a sample file. This file is a consolidation of all the cost centers assigned to me. I need individual files created for each cost center. The actual file contains more data columns and pivot sheets, but this file is easier to understand. In the sample file, cost center is Column A on the data worksheet.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9h1z4sbyohr6bot

What needs to be done:
1. Data for all except one cost center to be deleted and pivots refreshed.
2. New file to be created with all sheets of the workbook, saved with the cost center name suffixed to the file.
3. Process to be repeated for each additional cost center in the data sheet.

Thank you so much for your help. Really appreciate it.

Regards,
Arvind.

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Hi,

Rather than deleting the other cost centers can't you just have cost center as the pivot filter. eg

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 232pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=309><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 116pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 5668" width=155><COL style="WIDTH: 47pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2267" width=62><COL style="WIDTH: 69pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3364" width=92><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: black 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: black 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #002776; WIDTH: 116pt; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: black 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: black 0.5pt solid" class=xl1075 height=20 width=155>Cost Center</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: black 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: black; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 47pt; BORDER-TOP: black 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: black 0.5pt solid" class=xl1076 width=62>880</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; WIDTH: 69pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0" class=xl1066 width=92></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0" class=xl1067 height=17></TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0" class=xl1067></TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0" class=xl1067></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: black 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BORDER-TOP: black 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0" class=xl1069 height=17>Sum of Expense Amount</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: black 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: black 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0" class=xl1069>Period</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: #f0f0f0; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; BORDER-TOP: black 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: black 0.5pt solid" class=xl1070> </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #f0f0f0; BORDER-LEFT: black 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: #f0f0f0; BORDER-RIGHT: #f0f0f0" class=xl1071 height=20> </TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #002776; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl1074>PD 1</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #002776; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl1074>Grand Total</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 15pt" height=20><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #92d050; HEIGHT: 15pt; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl1073 height=20>Total</TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #92d050; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl1072 align=right>304.13 </TD><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #92d050; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid" class=xl1072 align=right>304.13 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Apologies if I haven't understood your question.

Joe

Upvote 0
Hi Joe,

While a pivot filter will help me get information about a specific cost center, it does not fulfill the purpose of segregation. Individual files need to be created for each cost center. So if there are 5 unique cost centers, I need 5 separate files to be sent to the business leader.

Hope this clarifies it a bit. Thank you for the response.

Regards,
Arvind

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back