Security Breach

Blasirl

Office Version
  1. 2021
Platform
  1. Windows
Has anything been posted about the security breach at MrExcel?

I have received two different notifications that my data from this website has been found on the dark web.

1638372998550.png

I see now it was a repeat, thanks again.

Interesting that the notification says "mrexcell.com" with two l's instead of one (which is not correct).
Just pointing that out, as I am always leery of notificiations with typos in them (I usually question the legitimacy of where they are coming from).

Thank you for the link. I was notified neither time.
Is it possible that you no longer use the email attached to the account, or the email ended up in your Spam folder?
I imagine it may be hard to check your Spam from a few years ago, but you may want to log in and verify that you have an active working email address attached to your account.

Interesting that the notification says "mrexcell.com" with two l's instead of one (which is not correct).
It is more interesting the reported domain name has been registered by Microsoft Cooperation since 2004 and has nothing to do with MrExcel.com.

(I usually question the legitimacy of where they are coming from).
I totally agree with you, Joe. Also, it is my habit to look at the underlying sender (not the email address written in the From field but the actual email address that I can see by hovering the mouse over the field) when I receive an email from someone that I don't know but claiming something. It is surprising but I catch a couple of them every single day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roccanet

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back