Search Records

dkubiak

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
I have two problems I can't figure out:

1: I have a table of inventory records. I want to build a form that searches these records and displays the information. There are 3 different types of product numbers, and they are stored in 3 different columns. Can I build one box on the form to type in any product number that will checked against all 3 product number columns in the table?

2: Once I have the proper information displayed from above, I would like to be able to "add" or "substract" from the on hand quanitity column. I'd rather not manually change the on hand quantity as I would also like to track how many of each are "added" and "substracted" for use in managing our inventory.

Thanks for any help.

Excel Facts

Which Excel functions can ignore hidden rows?
The SUBTOTAL and AGGREGATE functions ignore hidden rows. AGGREGATE can also exclude error cells and more.
I would start by creating a suitable query then creating a form based on that.

To produce an Input Box search -
Choose the relevant field then in the criteria type
Like [] in the criteria box

When you run this it will prompt the user to enter a code.

HTH

Bernard

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help. The more I dig into this I realize that I could solve most of my problems if I just understood how to write criteria better. I'm embarrassed to admit how little I understand writing them. Can someone point me towards a good resource for understanding how to write criteria. I just don't understand what symbols mean what and where to put them.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
I would sugest starting at avery basic level by typing Criteria into the help Index in Access.

I know it sounds obvious but it has helped me many times. Then keep asking folk on this site, due to their efforts I've learnt more in 12 months than past 6 years.

One of the books I refer to regularly is Access 2000 (By John Viescas) but I am sure other people will have more sugestions.

Bernard

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damav78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back