Search on two authors

shajueasow

Hi,
I know the name of the person who helped me solve a problem. And "sadly" (in this case) he is a person who helps a lot of other peoples also in this forum. So, searching for an answer from him, can I use his name and my name in the "Search for Author" so that I can narrow down my search. Otherwise I have to go through lots of topics. Keywords doesn't help much.
So, what I want is that just get those topics where both of us are there.
Is this possible?

Well, you could simply go through your own posts to find the thread in question.

Other than that, there is no search function to specifically do what you are looking for.

You could try using the board search function with your name as "keyword" and his name in "Search for author" (or even switch the names around, doesn't matter).

You could also try using the site-specific Google search to search mrexcel.com for both usernames. For example, you would enter this as your search: site:mrexcel.com shajueasow, von pookie
You would more than likely need to tweak the search terms a bit so that things like the forum index pages are not included.

There is no real guarantee that either suggestion will work, but those are the only things I can think of that would be even close.

...You could also try using the site-specific Google search to search mrexcel.com for both usernames. For example, you would enter this as your search: site:mrexcel.com shajueasow, von pookie
You would more than likely need to tweak the search terms a bit so that things like the forum index pages are not included.

Darn it. A unique tip...

...You could also try using the site-specific Google search to search mrexcel.com for both usernames. For example, you would enter this as your search: site:mrexcel.com shajueasow, von pookie

Darn it. A unique tip...
yep, it's here very well explained in detail :)
http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=180444

Darn it. A unique tip...
yep, it's here very well explained in detail :)
http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=180444

Now I remember Nate's post. I propose to make it a Sticky.

Perhaps... But, one problem, though, is that we don't want too many sticky posts in any given forum at any given time, looks bad, takes up too much space...

And, as we generally have a number of announcements, we tend to put them there. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Parlapalli

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back