Search not responding

poikl

Platform
  1. Windows
I tried to search for help in using IF(AND(OR in an EXCEL formula and got no response. I'm sure that there were many queries and responses to this topic, so I can't understand why it isn't coming up in the search?

Well, if you'll go back to the search page and look at the paragraph to the left of the search box, you'll see that the words AND and OR are actually considered boolean terms to help with the searches. I'm assuming that's part of the reason there.

What exactly are you trying to search for?

Thank you for responding. I am having dificulties in the structure of a formula using IF(AND(OR. e.g. =IF(AND(OR(B1="X" etc.
Now I'm sure that youv'e received many queries in this subject and was trying to search and find them by putting in the subject box the words "IF(AND(OR", I also tried the search "IF AND OR" (no quotes)but NO SUCCESS!
Please tell me why it comes back with no results?
Van Pookie are we related I'm Poikl?

I asked Juan Pablo if he had any ideas on this and the response was:

The Search function has a "feature" that acts something like what Google does. If you search in Google something like

Workstation is locked

Google should remove the 'is' because it is a common word and would return too many hits. Php has something similar, and probably IF is in that list.

I think you may just have to try and come up with something different to actually search by.

I thought that You are the ones to give the advice.
Please help this is important

I did give you advice. There's not really anything we can do about it. It is obvious that the board's search function does not like the phrase you are giving it. Simply come up with a different way to search for it.

Instead of if(and(or try using actual words. Maybe something like "if function".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doug Mize 1024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back