Script to save file as text using Excel 2004 for Mac

macsolvers

I've seen lots of VBA examples online for saving files as text using a Windows system but very few for Mac.

I am consulting a business client who has Excel 2004 for Mac who's asked me to write a VBA script to save a file to his computer's desktop as text. On my Mac, I can use the Macro Recorder to create the code to save the file to my desktop. I want to replace the absolute path to my desktop to generic code that will work on my client's computer.

I know Excel 2004 is an old program, and I have suggested to my client to upgrade to Excel (Office) 2011.

Excel Facts

Can a formula spear through sheets?
Use =SUM(January:December!E7) to sum E7 on all of the sheets from January through December
I've seen lots of VBA examples online for saving files as text using a Windows system but very few for Mac.

I am consulting a business client who has Excel 2004 for Mac who's asked me to write a VBA script to save a file to his computer's desktop as text. On my Mac, I can use the Macro Recorder to create the code to save the file to my desktop. I want to replace the absolute path to my desktop to generic code that will work on my client's computer.

I know Excel 2004 is an old program, and I have suggested to my client to upgrade to Excel (Office) 2011.

I have a small favor to ask you

can you post here what the recorded macro to save the worksheet would look like

I know how to do all this in Windows but need it for MAC

I dont have a MAC and need it for customer

he gave me the path for his MAC so with your help i could create that macro in windows and it would run on his

Thank you in advance

Upvote 0
I decided not to write the save as text macro and recommended to the client to save the file manually from within Excel.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattyM

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back