Saving macro-enabled file to G-Drive

GreenMan999

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hey there, I have a macro-enabled Excel 365 spreadsheet that I am unloading to a G-Drive folder. I've uploaded two ways: drag and drop, and "New File" File Upload. The uploads work, but when I download the file, G-drive tacks on ".xlsx" after the ".xlsm" extension, and the macros are disabled. I tried renaming the file by deleting the ".xlsx" extension, but Excel doesn't recognize the file format. Any ideas on how to prevent this file extension issue?

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Hello @GreenMan999
unfortunately I cannot confirm that. For me it's all working fine. I even did a comparison of both files (original and downloaded) and they're identical.

Have you tried other files? How is your G-Account set up?

1724276868358.png

1724277064541.png

1724277097861.png

1724277208759.png

Upvote 0
Just a suggestion--I was reviewing your question when it was new and at first I thought you were talking about a local disk drive named as the G drive. Also Western Digital and SanDisk both have physical hard drive products branded as G-Drive. I use Google Drive and did not recognize the reference.

Upvote 0
All: Thanks for the input and suggestions. I think I figured out what the issue is. I poked around the Google Drive Settings, and under the General listing, found that you can change how uploads are handled. The setting was in place to convert uploads to Google Doc editor format, so I unchecked the option. Now when I upload an .xlsm file, there is no conversion, and downloads don't add an .xlsx extension. Problem seems to be solved. The following image shows how I have settings now.
Capture.JPG

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravvadehra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back