SAS Enterprise v Business Objects

Expiry

Has anyone got any experience of SAS or BOB?

We currently produce MI Reports through SAS and output to excel spreadsheets. The process is far too manual.

Our FD is keen to push us down the BOB route, simply because she's seen reports from that at her old place. We don't have access to that at the moment and I think that SAS Enterprise could do the job just as well.

It seems a no-brainer to me that we go with SAS. Particularly as we have the base programme already and the expertise inhouse to use it.

If anyone has any suggestions or advice, they would be appreciated.

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Drop Mike Blackman a PM and ask him to contribute. I know he does MI excel modelling with SAS and he might be able to share his thoughts.

I've been using BO off and on for the past year or so. It is fairly simple to use. If you have written any queries in Access, it is similar in culling information from the data universe. Select the fields you want, arrange them as you require, Set your criteria and bingo. You can then export the results to Excel, text or pdf for further analysis or reporting. I believe that BO is an SAP product.

BTW; here is a BO forum http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/index.php?sid=3c919bef15888a205e934506c0daf934

Alan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadethejade

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back