Same report prints differently on differnt computers

Amileaux

Board Regular
I've created a report in access that is run by multiple users. However, it pages correctly on some (fits on one page) and on other computers it prints on two pages. What would cause this? They do print to different printers if that is of any consequence. Thank you. Marie

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Check the Page Setup on each of the machines that runs the report. My bet is that the Page Margins (and possibly the orientation) are different.

Upvote 0
Sorry it's taken so long to get back to this. My database is "split" with the reports in the front end - so everyone using the report would have the same specs. However, I did physically go to the other persons computer - opened up the database from his computer and pulled up the report and on his computer the last column prints on it's own pages making a 10 page report a 20 page report. When I look at the print specs (File/PageSetUp) with the report in design view - it, of course, has the same margins, orientation etc, as I do - because we are using the same database.

My question then is how can we be using the same report and not getting the same printout? Can it be printer related (he does print to a different printer) and if so, how do I accomodate that without messing it up for me when I print? Thanks for your help. Marie

Upvote 0
If the problem in with the other person's version and they print to another printer, adjust the print settings so it works for them. You have a different setup which will not be affected.
The only problem is if you make changes to your version whcih then get installed around the network on everyone's machine -- they will then inherit your settings and have to adjust them again. There are ways to fix this in code but that's beyond me -- the printer commands are buried deeply in API calls.

HTH

Denis

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Penapensil

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back