Running total with DSUM()

ddeldeb

I am trying to get a running total of payments from a table. I found some examples in this forum , but can not get them to work. To make things simple, I made a new table with 3 columns, Name, Date Amount and put about ten entries in it. Same name, incrementing dates and various amounts. Then I query that table with all three fields and with my DSUM field, but the DSUM just shows the total amount repeated in each row And it does this for what ever range I choose. What is the correct way to get a running total for a field.
Thanks ,

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Hi
In a different column to the one you are trying to sum just try =SUM(C:C) This assumes of course that there is nothing else in column C except your amounts
Big Bob

Upvote 0
I'm not sure I under stand your response? It looks more like what you would use in Excel and not in an Access database query. Tho, I did try variations of it in a query and got nothing.

Upvote 0
The Running Sum property works fine to do a "from begining to current" report, But the end user wants to print out only a YTD "invoice". I have not figured out how to print just a range from a report, (from a renter whos account spans across years) other then having the user select... page 4-5-6 or what ever to print, Thats not acceptable. I was hoping to create a query to get the information needed, then run the report off of it. I will check out the MS article. I had been looking at KB articals 290136 & 208714. I also downloaded MS's sample access file Qrysmp00.exe. The DSum property works fine in this sample file and I am beginning to think I have a grouping priority problem. Hopefully article 205183 will shed some light on this

Thanks

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hamdan17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back