Run-time Error 2465

foxhound

Board Regular
Hello,

I have the following code in the on format property for a report. I am looking up values in a table when I open the report based upon an employee number and a union group. The first part of the "If" and the "else" code works. However, the second part does not.

1st Part:
txt_sick_column1heading = "Bank 100%"
txt_sick_column1row1 = DLookup([StartBankSick100Hours], "[Employee Snapshot]", "[EmpNo]=Reports![Individual Detail Reports]![EmpNo]")

2nd Part:
txt_sick_column1row2 = DLookup([UsedBankSick100Hours], "[Employee Snapshot]", "[EmpNo]=Reports![Individual Detail Reports]![EmpNo]")
txt_sick_column1row3 = DLookup([AvailBankSick100Hours], "[Employee Snapshot]", "[EmpNo]=Reports![Individual Detail Reports]![EmpNo]")

I keep getting a run-time error '2465' stating that the field [UsedBankSick100Hours] can't be found. However, I know that it exists in the same table and is setup exactly like [StartBankSick100Hours] which is working fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Code:
Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, FormatCount As Integer)

If [Group] = "Union1" Then
        txt_sick_column1heading = "Bank 100%"
        txt_sick_column1row1 = DLookup([StartBankSick100Hours], "[Employee Snapshot]", "[EmpNo]=Reports![Individual Detail Reports]![EmpNo]")
        txt_sick_column1row2 = DLookup([UsedBankSick100Hours], "[Employee Snapshot]", "[EmpNo]=Reports![Individual Detail Reports]![EmpNo]")
        txt_sick_column1row3 = DLookup([AvailBankSick100Hours], "[Employee Snapshot]", "[EmpNo]=Reports![Individual Detail Reports]![EmpNo]")
    Else
        txt_sick_column1heading = ""
        txt_sick_column1row1 = ""
        txt_sick_column1row2 = ""
        txt_sick_column1row3 = ""
    End If

End Sub

Excel Facts

Move date out one month or year
Use =EDATE(A2,1) for one month later. Use EDATE(A2,12) for one year later.
Check that the problem field is actually named [UsedBankSick100Hours] in the report.

Upvote 0
Hi Norie,

I am actually using a text box named txt_sick_column1row2 in the report. I am doing this because I want this text box to be dynamic. Meaning that the value of each text box is variant upon the [group] that each employee belongs to. For some employees I want [UsedBankSick100Hours] to appear in txt_sick_column1row2 field while for others I want that value to appear in txt_sick_column3row2 field.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BudgetGirl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back