Run Append & Delete Qry with Parameters

chubbychap

Hi all

This is similar to something I posted last week, but is a bit trickier.

I am wanting to append some records from one table to another and then run a delete query to delete them from the original table. Only certain client records will need to be appended, therefore on the running of the append query I have set up parameters to prompt for "forename" and "surname" (Client ID will not be widely known by users - names will be easier).

I want to then delete from the table the same records that get appended. However, is there a quick/easy way to let the Delete query know which records to delete, without following the same inputting of the forename/surname parameter? Can the delete query be referred to the records that were previously appended?

I am trying to avoid too much inputting for the user, particularly with the age of user friendliness being upon us.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Chubbychap :p

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
You could run both queries from a form into which the parameters are input. Instead of having [Enter Name] as a parameter in your query, you could use something like

Forms!YourFormName!cboParameter1

in the query's criteria, where cboParameter1 is a combobox containing your possible parameters.

Upvote 0
Cheers Mudface

You have opened up a whole new world to me - the world of Combo Boxes and parameters :biggrin: and I thank you for that!!!

Thanks again

Upvote 0
chubbychap said:
Cheers Mudface

You have opened up a whole new world to me - the world of Combo Boxes and parameters :biggrin: and I thank you for that!!!

Thanks again

welcome to hell :devilish: :LOL:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nachohoyu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back