RSS feed still available?

babycody

I can't seem to get away from bothering you today Kristy. I was wondering if you can still receive the RSS feed of board activity? When I go to this page http://www.mrexcel.com/tip108.shtml and click on the XML icon I get a page saying there is a problem with the feed. As you can see there is suppose to be a graphic showing the last five post, but that isn't working either. I just downloaded ticker for Firefox, and wanted to be able to add the feed from this site. Thanks Kristy. I promise not to bother you anymore "today". :p

I don't really know anything about that (frankly, I didn't even know it existed). You're right, though--doesn't appear to be working.

I don't know if it would have anything to do with the board being upgraded or even if it was purposely taken down, but I can ask :)

Yes - we lost this in the board upgrade.

It was fairly annoying - since it only showed the last 10 posts, it was quickly out of date. I didn't find it really useful. I will have to ask Smozgur if there were bandwidth considerations.

So - a bit of an informal survey - if we were to put it back in, how many posts would have to be in the RSS feed to make it worthwhile?

Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJPsmt

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back