Reward system for helpful people?

Hello to all my new-found brethren at MrExcel Dot Com. :biggrin:

I've been moved by the kindness of the people who've helped me out with the Microsoft Access queries I've had on the board. I'm a complete newbie to Access and people have been kind, patient and understanding with me.

:pray: I am truly not worthy...

Perhaps some way where the original poster can give the person (or people) who sorts out their query some kind of "credit" as a reward for being so wonderful? Maybe a points system which they could redeem against MrExcel.com products or something? It would encourage people to try and help as often as possible and serve as a reward for those who selflessly assist others...

What do people think?

CSBBB

Hello,

A good suggestion giving some kind of recognition to the people who reply, other sites do this an have league tables. People can then see who is good at answering problems (but I think anybody who replies is good, as they have spent time helping).

But allowing these 'credits' to be used against Mr Excel products, I think would allow Aladin to obtain virtually everything.

Hi billy,

most people here at this forum do the work from the kindness of their heart. that is why Juan ask's everybody to be patient with the responses. also, ranging from Doctor's to school drop-outs. there is a *somewhat* related reward for what your talking about; it's called a MrExcel MVP recognition. :) there has been discussion on this in the past too.

and the more you answer (reply, post, ask, whatever) the more nifty little stars you get! plus the 'real-good feel-good' factor. not to mention earning the respect of your fellow excel'ers.

well hey, i hope to see you around the board!!

Perhaps some way where the original poster can give the person (or people) who sorts out their query some kind of " credit " as a reward for being so wonderful? Maybe a points system which they could redeem against MrExcel.com products or something? It would encourage people to try and help as often as possible and serve as a reward for those who selflessly assist others...

What do people think?
I think, that while a noble thought, it would be fiscally irresponsible of Mr.Excel to do so. He (as in "HIM"), already hosts the board without our/your contribution whatsoever. We are all luckly that "HIM" is in such a position!

As for this one (reiterated):
It would encourage people to try and help as often as possible and serve as a reward for those who selflessly assist others...
That's why everyone is here. The reward is in learning, helping and making this a better community...(At least for me...)

I'm glad that you've had such a positive experience here! THAT'S what it is all about! I've had the good fortune to meet a great many people here that I would/can call upon if I'm stuck...firefytr and Drafter are only two of many...And you will too. :LOL:

(Heya Zack!)

Smitty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fjaimes042510

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back