Returning values in a column on one worksheet to a column on a separate worksheet...

simonsays

Hi, I have a relatively simple question but it requires a bit of a description, so please bare with me. I have a trading spreadsheet programmed to generate "buy" and "sell" signals from price data that I import. So when I import price data into column "A", column B,C,D, etc, automatically calculate moving averages of different length (10,25,50 days, etc) for the price data. Then, based on the moving average data, I've programmed column "O" to return either "buy", "sell" or "blank". Column "P" returns the price associated with a buy (same row as signal in "O"), column "Q" returns the price associated with a "sell" (again same row as signal), and columns P and R return the dates of the buy and sell respectively. These signals span 1000s of cells and I need to be able to get that data into the next worksheet without the blanks. So I need a formula to basically say if "something" is in a cell in column "P" (for example), put that value in column A row 1 in the next worksheet, basically ignoring all the blank cells but collecting the data into a nice condensed column. I've been copying and pasting the data for now and then sorting it, and then deleting the extra cells, and then doing more calculations afterwards but I'm getting sick of this process and want to automate the process. Can anyone help me with this simple (hopefully) formula? Here's what a little of the spreadsheet looks like:

Sorry, I can't seem to get my image of my spreadsheet inserted. Perhaps my explanation is clear enough on its own. TIA.

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Bump.

Sorry, I do not want my question to disappear. Please let me know if the question is unclear. TIA.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back