Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
  3. 2013
  4. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hey All
Just cleaning out my office and came across a box of Excel books, which led me to thinking !
One book I always have handy is the "VBA and macros for Excel" by Jelens ans Syrstad
Oh, and I often refer to Hiker95's list when I'm after something more specific.....and Google of course.

Apart from this forum, which has been my saviour on more than one occasion, i was curious to know if anybody had a favourite resource for doing there VBA and excel "stuff"

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
Well I don't do VBA, Michael, but my favorite resource for formulas is Excelisfun's YouTube Channel. He is definitely my "Excel hero."

ExcelIsFun - YouTube

Tons of videos. All excellent.

Hey Ben.
Yeah been there. He does have some really informative clips. Sometimes it's good to actually see the formula created !...:beerchug:

Even though it's ancient, my go-to book for VBA is Excel 97 Programming for Windows for Dummies by John Walkenbach. When we were preparing for Y2k, I had to convert all our Lotus macros to Excel. I already knew how to program, but needed help with the language and syntax. It was my first VBA book and so far it's served most of my needs. I have other books, but don't consult them very often.

I have an Excel 97 programming for windows as well, but maybe I should have got the one for dummies as well...:rofl:

Even though it's ancient, my go-to book for VBA is Excel 97 Programming for Windows for Dummies by John Walkenbach. When we were preparing for Y2k, I had to convert all our Lotus macros to Excel. I already knew how to program, but needed help with the language and syntax. It was my first VBA book and so far it's served most of my needs. I have other books, but don't consult them very often.

^^^ Me too :beerchug: Exact same book!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamesFromAustin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back