Reports - Hide Control (line) if field is null

Seymore

Hello!

I have two fields for address since many companies use two lines, one for street address and the other for department, suite, etc. I know in label wizard you can set up labels to skip blank lines so it doesn't leave a line space when there isn't data in the "Address2" field. However, I'm printing the return address on the top of the invoice and I can't get it to skip the line like it will do on the label.

Does anyone know how to get it to not show the blank line? Essentially I need it to move the city, ST Zip line up.

I've tried to deal with the 'can grow' and 'can shrink' properties, but these don't seem to help. I've also tried to compare the properties of the label that works with the report fields that don't and can't find any differences that work. :oops:

Any suggestions you can offer would be appreciated!

Thank you.

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
While looking for other information on the site, I came across a post I was unable to find earlier. It told me that the field could not be overlapping and the whole row needed to be empty. As it happend, my field was overlapping and had other items on the row.

I corrected this and it worked!

Thank you bat17 for your help!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reelspike

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back