Report not printing what it shows on screen

garyd1234

Board Regular
Hi,
I give up on this one. Maybe you know. I have a report that pulls data from a table just fine in the detail section. In the header I have a list box that gets filled with peoples names based on a field in the detail. AS the report cycles and the department field changes a new list of people appear in list box. It looks great on the screen. The correct people come up in the correct dept. But, when I print the report I either get no people in the list box or the wrong dept people. This blows me away since I always thought that what is showing on the screen after the report runs in preview mode is what will print exactly. Any ideas why it isn't?

Excel Facts

Select all contiguous cells
Pressing Ctrl+* (asterisk) will select the "current region" - all contiguous cells in all directions.
have you checked the underlying query that is the recordsource for the report?

David

Upvote 0
Yea the one query for the body of the report selects some items and puts the department name in a hidden field on the report. As that field changes I want the query for the list box to grab that value and use it as a condition for selecting its stuff. It is doing it but it always seems to be behind. In other words , as I cycle through the report (I put a requery for the list box in the on page event) it gets updated but, the first time I page the list box doesn't change. Then, as I page it does change but it puts the list of names of people from t he previous department. They aren't in sync and I don't know what to do to get them to move together.

Upvote 0
Not sure that I am following you! you could try the on Print event for the page rather than on format.

Generaly when I do some thing like this I call the report repeatedly, passing it the crteria each time, rather than trying to loop it in the report.

Peter

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ang24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back