Report Label-When wrapping text, no longer align correctly

Solola

Board Regular
I have a report with multiple headings. I use labels to "label" the headings.

The problem I'm having is when I need to make one or a few of my labels two rows tall to get the text to wrap (the heading is too wide for one row, and I don't want to stretch the entire column to get it to fit).

When I make the label taller, but no wider, the text within the label is no longer "align bottom"-ed with the labels that are only 1 row tall. This happens even if I actually align the two labels, so that the bottoms of both label boxes are equal.

The issue is that when I wrap text, the bottom line of text in my wrapped label is closer to the bottom of the label box than that of an unwrapped box. I am not able to change this for either box, so I can never get my text perfectly aligned.

Any ideas?

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Re: Report Label-When wrapping text, no longer align correct

Hi Solola,

Unfortunately, labels do not allow for vertical justification, they are always justified to the top. There are two workarounds I can think of

You can make the single line textboxes 1 row high, and move them down to make them even with the two-row labels,

-or-

You can make every label 2 rows high, and just insert a blank line at the beginning of the 1-row high labels (use shift+enter).

Upvote 0
Re: Report Label-When wrapping text, no longer align correct

Thanks for the reply!

I think your second option will work (I've tried the first a few times, and that still just doesn't line up)!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tommyw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back