report help

drock99a

Board Regular
Hello,

I have a report that shows a monthly recap of claims. Some of the claims are denied and some are approved. I would like to add the total amount of the approved claims on the report. It pulls the information from a query for this report. I attempted this formula on the report but it does not work

=Sum("[cost]","query1","Status='Approved' ")

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Hi,

Rather than calculate the total of approved claims on the report, it may be simpler to do the calculation in the underlying query. For example, you could have a new variable that looked something like this :

Approved_Claims : Iif([Status]="Approved", [cost], 0)

And at the foot of your report use something like this for the total of approved claims :

=Sum([Approved_Claims])

HTH, Andrew. :)

Late note : alternatively, you could introduce the 'iif' bit into the detail part of the report rather than in the query and elect not to display it so as not to ruin your report format. Or you might even try this untested formula in the foot of your report (with nothing in the detail) : =Sum(Iif([Status]="Approved", [cost], 0)) (<- not tested by me given I haven't got Access on this PC)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damav78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back