report filter for formula

bbznyc

I have a report with an outbound box [TotalOwed]=[InitialBalance]+[Commission]-[SumOfPayments1]. I need to be able to open this report only with records of values of [TotalOwed] > 0. How should i do it?

All help appreciated. Thanks.

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
Hi,

Is your report based on a table or a query? Also, does [TotalOwed] only exist on the report or is it part of the underlying table / query? Lastly, are the other three variables also sourced from a table and if so, are the default values set to zero? (as opposed to Null)

Questions aside, you might be able to apply the filter in the report design view : Edit -> Select Report -> View -> Properties -> Filter = [TotalOwed] >0 -> Filter On = Yes -> Save and Run. If [TotalOwed] only exists on the report then the filter may have to be something like this instead : [InitialBalance]+[Commission]-[SumOfPayments1] > 0

Alternatively, if [TotalOwed] is sourced from a query then you could set the criteria for [TotalOwed] in the underlying query to either <>0 or >0.

HTH, Andrew. :)

Upvote 0
thanks for the replies to my previous threads.

1. In the previous report i discovered that my table relationships in the queiry were not correct :)

2. As in this case the report is solely based on the query and [TotalOwed] exists only on the report. [InitialBalance] and [Commission] are query based and [SumOfPayments] is query based. I will try to do [InitialBalance]+[Commission]-[SumOfPayments1] > 0 because [TotalOwed] is report based only.

Thanks for the possibilities as I tried all of them except the one top. I never knew it could be done like that. I will try it tonite. Thanks man.

Upvote 0
Hi, given you calculate most of your variables in the query then you should also be able to create a new field (i.e. TotalOwed), calculate the value for it and then set the criteria as >0. This way only those records with a TotalOwed value greater than zero will get passed through to the report.

Andrew. :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt3388

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back