Reply not registering

Domski

Hi,

I just replied to this thread:

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/655130-excel-formula-need.html

When I clicked the reply button I got an error (forget what it said exactly) about staying on page or something as if I was double posting and when I cancelled that the post appeared but the reply count is showing as zero in the forum view.

Edit: I'm getting a message either about leaving the page or duplicate post each time I answer a thread today.

Dom

Last edited:
Hi,

I just replied to this thread:

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/655130-excel-formula-need.html

When I clicked the reply button I got an error (forget what it said exactly) about staying on page or something as if I was double posting and when I cancelled that the post appeared but the reply count is showing as zero in the forum view.

Edit: I'm getting a message either about leaving the page or duplicate post each time I answer a thread today.

Dom
This happens (to me) quite often.

This has been posted before so the admins know about it.

Another thing that happens sometimes...

On the index page of the forum you see the threads and the number of replies (if any), number of views (if any) and the last person to post to that thread.

Sometimes the thread shows 0 replies and 1 view yet if you open that thread you may see several replies. Last night there was one such thread that I replied to but the index page of the forum didn't update for at least 30 mins.

Yes, sometimes there is a delay in those items being updated. I have noticed that for quite some time.

I know I''ve mentioned this before but could we not have a sticky showing issues that have been reported and are being looked into. I keep seeing various issues cropping up and would be useful to be able to check something like that.

This OP is having the same problem I reported a while back posting code and don't know if anything is being done about it.

Dom

This has happened to me also today - one on a thread I replied to 8 hours or more ago. Actually, in that particular case, my post shows up but the subsequent post by another poster does not (in Subscribed Threads). It makes tracking which threads of mine have been posted to onerous.

I spoke with the Admins, and they asked if you could make note of the times (include time zone) that you experience these issues, and post them here. They want to check if maybe there is some interference with some scheduled jobs that run at certain times of the day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kibria

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back