Reply confirmation not needed via email

Chris Davison

MrExcel MVP
Everytime someone posts a reply to one of my posts, I get an email notification

how do I disable this ?

I couldn't see anything in "preferences" or "profile"

there's a checkbox in the actual reply but I don't want to have to remember to uncheck this every time..... can I make it global : I don't want email notifications

thanks
Chris

Hi Chris,

Yea, annoying isn't it? I think the default should be 'Off', but there you go.

When you make a new post there is a list of options at the bottom of the message - like the ones for replies but there is an extra one "Notify by email when replies are posted
". By default it has a tick in it - simply remove the tick.

HTH

richie,

yeah, I know that, that's what I said in the last line.... I want it to be off forever though

Hrm.

Sorry, Chris. I don't think it's possible with this version of php. Even *I* can't seem to find a way to do it. ::shrug::

On 2003-02-17 08:55, Juan Pablo G. wrote:
If you answer more than what you ask then you shouldn't worry about it ! :wink:

He does post popular threads in the MVP and Lounge though. That's probably what he's worried about. :biggrin:

Or maybe his alter-ego is getting swamped with VBA answers. :biggrin:

I wonder if he remember to untick that email box on this thread. :LOL:

arrrgh, Mark you busted me... you found my alter ego LOL

(that alter ego is me being honest : my VBA answers do not deserve to be in the MVP bracket so I didn't want anyone thinking they were "good" answers per se, hence the split usernames...)

and Mark, don't even *suggest* why that logic should apply to this username also, or I'll kick these football boots at your eyebrow

eh hee

Even though Ferguson has admitted it, what he didn't tell the press was that he was showing Ryan Giggs how to do it properly

:biggrin:

Even though Ferguson has admitted it, what he didn't tell the press was that he was showing Ryan Giggs how to do it properly

:biggrin:

Just reading the Sun's account:

And angry wife Posh, 28, wanted to “go and sort out” Fergie.

I doubt the "Sir Alex" meant it though. He was more useful in the air as a player.

It's good to see that they're lining up the excuses for the end of the season.
This message was edited by Mark O'Brien on 2003-02-17 22:45

rmmm

Mark Chris

Wanna see a Jack = Vinny challenge??

Load of old excelling football if you ask me, i have only worried when the opposition walked out to play my Brixton side played a Peckham side, the center forward i was to man mark carried a brick!!!

Or

When in the dressing room guys swing a lump of wood about – I normally say my Excel is bigger and harder than that!!!!

He lost, my Middlesborough buddy had a fight with a guy on the next pitch and we had not kicked off, they knew the score.

The England refs call me Big Bad Jack. You mix it you get it, simple rule.

My buddy my best mate plays div 1 he saw Jack get a smack and Jack stamped two footed jump on a guys head, he got sent off, banned, dirty footballer. Jack needed a cigar whilst playing for a few minutes and the ref had a joint as we chatted on the phone???

Welcome to Brixton and Peckham

Then again the guy who shoved a shot gun up the refs nose, needs to learn som manners – needs to learn to ask politely, well Jack says???

Mark as you know I play on DC United kit, in respect for my Fire Fighting hero from Res1cue 1 Washington, all Res1uce’s died in the World Trade Centre that New York guys, I name, MANHATTON, such a guy, deeply sad, so sad

Terrance ‘Terry’ *MANHATTON* Hatton, body getter, World Trade Centre.

My buddy’s cap from Washington DC Fire Department sits on my monitor at work, Res1cue Washington, I saw on TV live, as the Pentagon fell, I cant say to much, he was the guy looking down, and he told me he said, Errrr,,,,, mn a whole down there !!!!

Ever wondered why Jack NEVER gives in, EVER!!!!!

Will he sign his cap??? Nope its bad luck!!!

Keep us all say guys

Jack

Dedicate this to a man from Washington in Iraq right now on Bio duties, I tip my Res1uce cap to you. Yet we have never met :( ...............

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senthil Murugan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back