Replica Set has Exceeded Maximum Number of Day message

spectraflame

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I am new to Access so excuse my ignorance.

I have a DB that is giving me this error. It is asking to Delete the replica set member and create a new replica.

First I do not understand the need for creating this replica. Second I do not understand the process on how to create the replica.

Is there a way to just disable the replica creation all together and just run the DB as is?

Excel Facts

Format cells as date
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+3 to format cells as date. (Shift 3 is the # sign which sort of looks like a small calendar).
I have never seen or heard of such a message, and it returns no hits in a Google search.
Are you sure it isn't some sort of custom programmed message, either from your system or from the database (via VBA)?
Does the error message box look like an Access message box? Any title or clues in it of where it might be coming from?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is a standalone DB and appears to me to be a default Access message. Not sure how to check to see if there is some VBAncode in the back. It was developed in 2006. Thinking it may be related to opening it up in Access 2016 however I am getting same message when opening it up in version 2010.

I have never seen or heard of such a message, and it returns no hits in a Google search.
Are you sure it isn't some sort of custom programmed message, either from your system or from the database (via VBA)?
Does the error message box look like an Access message box? Any title or clues in it of where it might be coming from?

Upvote 0
Do you still see that error when you bypass Startup Options (see: https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...tabase-71a7403b-881a-46f0-a807-8c9218cc2ef7)?
If not, then the error is probably some sort of Custom Error message created in VBA code by some programmer, and is not anything native to Access.
Perhaps the user has programmed something to check a certain condition, and warn you.

Try to search for the word "replica" in the VB code. You can do this by:
- Opening the database
- Hitting ALT-F11 to open the VB Editor
- Hitting CTRL-F to bring up the Find search box
- Enter the word "replica" in the Find box
- Select the "Current Project" radio button
- Click the "Find Next" button

See if it finds that error message in the VB code.

Upvote 0
Could I just export the tables, queries, forms etc. To a new DB. Will review your suggestions in the morning.

Do you still see that error when you bypass Startup Options (see: https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...tabase-71a7403b-881a-46f0-a807-8c9218cc2ef7)?
If not, then the error is probably some sort of Custom Error message created in VBA code by some programmer, and is not anything native to Access.
Perhaps the user has programmed something to check a certain condition, and warn you.

Try to search for the word "replica" in the VB code. You can do this by:
- Opening the database
- Hitting ALT-F11 to open the VB Editor
- Hitting CTRL-F to bring up the Find search box
- Enter the word "replica" in the Find box
- Select the "Current Project" radio button
- Click the "Find Next" button

See if it finds that error message in the VB code.

Upvote 0
Could I just export the tables, queries, forms etc. To a new DB. Will review your suggestions in the morning.
Why? Are you unable to open the database? Even if you try bypassing the start-up options, as-described in that link?

It is possible that importing the objects may or may not make that message disappear, but I think you might want to know why it is happening and what it means.

Upvote 0
No VB Code found. I am still able to open the DB however since there is only a single user of the DB I see no need to replicate it.

Why? Are you unable to open the database? Even if you try bypassing the start-up options, as-described in that link?

It is possible that importing the objects may or may not make that message disappear, but I think you might want to know why it is happening and what it means.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majbizzaki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back