Replacing a Subform

smardonl

I currently have a database consisting of one primary table with about 30 fields per record. My ultimate goal is to take each record that reflects a medical study and show each staff member participating on that study, the percentage they contribute, and their role. There are usually about 5 staff members contributing to a study. As of now, I am using a subform to gather information but this is not sufficient for several reasons including:
1.) Redundant data entries
2.) Margin for error in data entries
3.) Results of subform being shown in a pivot table which is not highly user friendly and requires administrator instruction

What I would like to do is use combo boxes to identify the staff names and their roles and incrementing/decrementing list box to identify their percent effort as opposed to the subform collection currently in place. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can add these several different files into one record? BTW, I have one unique field that is an autonumber field to work with. The rest are not required and can be the same for frustrating reasons.

Please help!
L

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BudgetGirl

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back