Reorgonazing the Forum.

Borisw37

I just registered yesterday for this forum, and have made a few posts, but its almost impossible to keep track of posts because of the HUGE number of new ones coming up every minute.
I know its not up to me, but i think this forum should be re-organized. The main room, should be split into smaller more specific topics. At least
"VBA-room" and "General Excel help."

Thank you,

Boris.

Boris,

Take a look at your menus options when in the forum. You will see a link
View My posts, or something like that on the top right side. If you click on that it will show all posts you have been involved in.

HTH
Cal

Thank you, I have seen that option. But that is not exactly the problem. Its just that tere are so many posts, if i make a relatively long post, with a not so easy quetion, if nobody replies to it for 10min, it get moved from the 1st page.

Borisw37 said:
I know its not up to me, but i think this forum should be re-organized. The main room, should be split into smaller more specific topics. At least
"VBA-room" and "General Excel help."

That was how the board was originally set up, actually. However it just didn't work out very well. See this for a brief summary of why: http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?p=34843#34843

It's just much easier to keep the board as-is.

Borisw37 said:
Thank you, I have seen that option. But that is not exactly the problem. Its just that tere are so many posts, if i make a relatively long post, with a not so easy quetion, if nobody replies to it for 10min, it get moved from the 1st page.

There's nothing to do about that, it's how the board software is designed. The older posts get moved down to the bottom of the list.

However, I have posted this as points 13-14 under "Guidelines for posting" which is linked at the top of every forum:

Avoid multiple questions of a similar nature. Duplicate posts by the same user will be locked and/or deleted when found.

If the answer you receive is inadequate for some reason, post a reply stating why with more information (if/when needed) in the same thread. Do not start a new topic.

If your question has not received any replies, no matter how long ago your question was originally asked, do not post it again . At the top of every forum index is a link labeled "View Your posts." Use this link to find your questions. You can "bump" posts back up to the top by posting a reply in the thread (please note: do not do this multiple times in the course of a day. Once every couple of days without a response should be sufficient).

So, it is possible to "bump" your own post back up, but please do not abuse this feature. A couple of things to keep in mind when posting questions here: while the board itself is based in the US, the board members are from everywhere. Time zones and jobs play a big part in who is answering and when. And some people read posts from the day starting with those on the bottom and going to the most current.

There has never been a guarantee that a post will receive an immediate response. It basically depends on who's online, who sees it, and if they can actually help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smllchng5

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back