Renaming subscribed threads

arthurbr

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
As everyone knows this forum is full of interesting threads, which I subscribe to and put in my "Favorites" folder.
Problem is the description of the thread is sometimes so bad ( Please help f.i. :LOL: ) that I can't remember later what it's about and so loose valuable information.
Is there anyway I can change the thread's title or organise the subscribed threads so I know at first glance what they are about?

Thx for your help

Is there anyway I can change the thread's title or organise the subscribed threads so I know at first glance what they are about?
I highly doubt it. You would need Moderator power to change the titles of threads (and obviously we don't want all users to have the power to change the titles on other threads - that could open Pandora's box).

And I don't think there is any "personal" thread description that would be seen just by you.

As everyone knows this forum is full of interesting threads, which I subscribe to and put in my "Favorites" folder.
Problem is the description of the thread is sometimes so bad ( Please help f.i. :LOL: ) that I can't remember later what it's about and so loose valuable information.

Thx for your help
I just add them to my Browser "Favourites" list where I can organise/rename as I wish. Of course this wouldn't be much use if you are working from a number of different computers.

Thank you for both your answers. It's a pity PO 's don't use relevant titles more often as in Ozgrid's forum. This makes it easier

Yes, we could be more like Ozgrid and scare the sh*t out of people just looking for help. Not on my watch, not ever.

Peter - take a look at del.icio.us if you want to access your bookmarks from every (internet enabled) computer you use :)

You've got a point there Richard. And due to my old age I'll continue fumbling around with the threads ;)

Yes, we could be more like Ozgrid and scare the sh*t out of people just looking for help.
I was thinking along the same lines but couldn't come up with such an elegant way of saying it. :LOL:

Peter - take a look at del.icio.us if you want to access your bookmarks from every (internet enabled) computer you use :)
Richard, I don't think I do need that, but thanks for the link - I wasn't aware of that site/facility.

Yes, we could be more like Ozgrid and scare the sh*t out of people just looking for help. Not on my watch, not ever.

I also had a look at the site you described. Looks great - Thx again

Alternatively you have the option to generate folders for your subscribed threads here in Mr. Excel - you could create topical folders and move your subcribed threads into these - that way at least you have a basic sorting...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hamdan17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back