Renaming Favourites

NBVC

Can I ask a stupid question? :rolleyes:

Is it possible to rename topics in my "Favourites" file? Currently they are named as the Original Poster titled his/her post. As everyone has seen, that title very rarely is descriptive enough to know what the exact content of the thread is. So it would be nice if there was a way to either change the name or add a description or something for ease of finding a specific favourite topic.

Thanks.

Nope, sorry.

You could bookmark in your browser and call the thread whatever you want, though. You could even create a folder in your bookmarks called 'MrExcel Favourites' or something to organize to a greater extent. ;)

:cool: Thanks Nate.

I expected I wasn't going to able to do it within the forum. But, the bookmark idea is great. Don't know why I didn't come with it myself. Such a simple work-around. :unsure:

EDIT:

The only thing with the bookmark alternative is that you have to set up/update those bookmarks at home and work and wherever else you may sign in to MrExcel.

You're welcome. :)

Alternative #2:

I often E-Mail myself links, that I can access anywhere. This is where Google's email offering, GMail, is really slick.

All messages with the same subject are stored/grouped as a single thread, much like how discussion threads here are grouped. So, if you had a new link, if you send yourself a new e-mail with the same subject, it would be grouped with the rest.

And the Search Engine on GMail is really good, as well. :cool:

Thanks again, Nate :)

I will definitely look into that alternative.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Assy Bissy

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back