Removing a blank label from Pivot Table.

Livin404

Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Good evening, I'm a little stuck with my pivot table. With help from this group I was able to separate Country Codes with State Codes based on a three letter code in another cell. Now unfortunately, the table is totaling the sums that are identified as a number belonging to a state. In the example, you see label that is nothing that has nothing in it, yet the quantity is the total of the passengers I have marked for the states. In the design mode turned off all total, and unchecked the box on the filter, but that doesn't last.

I'm hoping this can be done without VBA.

Thank you,

Pivot Table Passengers.JPG

Excel Facts

Did you know Excel offers Filter by Selection?
Add the AutoFilter icon to the Quick Access Toolbar. Select a cell containing Apple, click AutoFilter, and you will get all rows with Apple
I am not real clear on what you are asking, but in the pic you have posted, 1702 is not the sum of the numbers shown above it...

Upvote 0
I am not real clear on what you are asking, but in the pic you have posted, 1702 is not the sum of the numbers shown above it...
The number does not suppose to be the total. One column has countries and another has states. The column that has the number of passengers is the same column for both the country and state. The 1702 is the number total of passenger for the states. I do not want the last row showing in the table.

Upvote 0
From your previous posts, you have an empty string "" in that field of the data.
You can try excluding it from your pivot by using a Label Filter on that field and putting Greater Than " " (without the quotes ie just a space).
You could also deselect the blank from the list of items but the pivot would then not automatically pick up any new Country codes that are added.

Upvote 1
Solution
Thank you, I had originally used "blank", and of course I tried the multi-filter which I couldn't because I wanted two label filters. I tried yours and it took care of both of them.

Thank you so much!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barnaby2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back