Remove contextual menus in Excel 365 on Android OS

jpbegley

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a Excel sheet that I created to organize my holiday. I have a 'front' sheet I have titles itinerary. On this sheets are some bullet points with the times and dates for specific events. Next to the bullet points is an icon which is specific to the bullet. i.e. we have a surf school booked on one day, the icon is a guy surfing. The icon is assigned a hyperlink. When you click the hyperlink, you are taken to a sheet within the same workbook, where a jpeg of the ticket is saved, a long with a local map, and the dates and times we need to know.

This all works fine on my desktop, however the whole reason I have this document is so that I can access all this stuff easily on my tablet, which won't have internet access for much of the holiday. On the Android Excel version, when you click a hyperlink, it opens a contextual menu, where you have to then click 'open link'. It isn't the end of the world but it is quite annoying for what was otherwise a fairly swish solution (in my opinion) to managing my holiday documents. I have read somewhere online about using VBA to disable the contextual menu. Is it possible to do this so that the Android version will function normally?

Any help muchly appreciated and many thanks in advance.

Excel Facts

Excel Joke
Why can't spreadsheets drive cars? They crash too often!
You can only run VBA on desktop versions of Excel, so it wouldn't work on Android.

Upvote 0
Thanks for this. It's good to know.

Having said this, can you think of any other way I can remove the contextual menu, or achieve my goal in some other way?

Upvote 0
I don't use any android devices, so I couldn't say, I'm afraid.

Upvote 0
I have a Excel sheet that I created to organize my holiday. I have a 'front' sheet I have titles itinerary. On this sheets are some bullet points with the times and dates for specific events. Next to the bullet points is an icon which is specific to the bullet. i.e. we have a surf school booked on one day, the icon is a guy surfing. The icon is assigned a hyperlink. When you click the hyperlink, you are taken to a sheet within the same workbook, where a jpeg of the ticket is saved, a long with a local map, and the dates and times we need to know.

This all works fine on my desktop, however the whole reason I have this document is so that I can access all this stuff easily on my tablet, which won't have internet access for much of the holiday. On the Android Excel version, when you click a hyperlink, it opens a contextual menu, where you have to then click 'open link'. It isn't the end of the world but it is quite annoying for what was otherwise a fairly swish solution (in my opinion) to managing my holiday documents. I have read somewhere online about using VBA to disable the contextual menu. Is it possible to do this so that the Android version will function normally?

Any help muchly appreciated and many thanks in advance.
Does anyone else have experience with Excel 365 on android device and could think of a way to fix this issue?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back