Remarkable: Easy Cell Tooltips in Excel - 2273

If you like this content, please consider visiting the video on YouTube and subscribe to the MrExcel Channel to show your support!
This video has been published on Mar 6, 2019.
An easy way to add a tooltip to cells in Excel. This is useful if you are using Excel to create a form for people to fill out.
maxresdefault.jpg

Transcript of the video:
Learn Excel from Mr. Excel podcast episode 2273. Add a tool tip to any cell.
Hey welcome back to Mr. Excel netcast. I’m Bill Jelen.
We know all throughout Excel, we have all these awesome little tool tips here that tell you what the feature does and maybe even gives you some nice little descriptions about it, you know, and this all is cool but if you’re building a spreadsheet for someone else to fill out, wouldn’t it be awesome if you could have tool tips in Excel? And this is there, it’s just not anywhere in the ribbon that says, add a tool tip to the cell. It’s hidden away where you would never be able to find it. Alright. So how do we set up these things?
Now I want you to come up here with the data tab and I use the shortcut key of Alt D for data, L for validation. Validation, third letter of validation is an L. It’s somewhere out there. I always have to hover and hover because I can never try and find it. It must be this one right here, data validation. So Alt DL. And this is where we can usually set-up a drop-down list, you know. Allow a list but I’m not going to do anything around settings.
They can enter anything they want. But on the input message, so this is the title and this is the message. Alright. So we’re using data validation, the second tab, the input message and then anytime that I select that cell, I get the title and the message and of course if it’s really long, it appears larger and just a cool, cool way to help people who are going to be using the spreadsheet that you’re building.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kibria

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back