Relationships and lookups

north19701

I have a query where one column is titled Carrier. It lists the carriers we submit claims to. I have another table called Carrier Listing that contains the Carrier and Payor Group. What would I need to do to create in the query a lookup to associate the payor group with the carrier? If this doesn't make sense, the best I can equate it to is a vlookup in Excel where the lookup would compare the carrier name and take the Payor group associated with it and plug it in. Thanks if anyone can offer help.

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Try searching on DLookup in the Access help file. I think that is what you want. I would try to explain it here, but I think the help file does a better job than I could.

Here's an example of one that I have used:
=DLookUp("[CustName]","qryCustomerList","[CustNo] ='" & [Forms]![frmIssuesBrowse]![cboCustNo] & "'")

Upvote 0
thanks for the input, actually, i just created a query using the Carrier Listing table and created a relationship to the carrier in the original query. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michellehoddinott

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back