Relationship with Office Experts Forum

plettieri

Platform
  1. MacOS
Hello:

In cruising the web for excel knowledge, I ran accross a forum called theofficeexperts.com. This site supports Excel and other Microsoft programs. Aside from the color choices and some minor feature modifications, navigating through the forum has the "look and feel" of this MrExcel.com.(almost a cookie cutter imprint).

For testing purposes, I posted an exact thread to both forums at the same time with the purpose of evaluating time response and type of feedback. Much to my surprise my post to theofficeexperts.com was answered with the reply that the query was resolved and pointed me to MrExcel.com.

Being new to the board, I was just curious about any relationship between the two forums... what purpose it serves to support the two forums.

Just wondering.

plettieri

A lot of the people who hang out on this board also hang out on Anne's board. It is somewhat irritating when you start asking the same question multiple times in multiple places. So - someone who saw your first thread and the answer then saw your second thread and alerted you that it had already been answered. What would you have wanted? For them to copy the same answer to Anne's board?

This is my not-so humble opinion - but there is a lot more traffic here than at most boards, so if I need an answer to an Excel question, the first place I come to is MrExcel.com

Bill

Mr. Excel,

Thank you for your reply. I agree with you not only is there more traffic on this forum, but if you want a good answer and explaination to a question in a very short turnaround, then this is the forum.

I do understand the "mechanics" of how and why the reply from the other forum was effected, but I can't quite understand " what if any, relationship between the two forums...(almost a cookie cutter imprint). and what purpose it serves to support the two forums."

Please don't misunderstand my meaning......I think this is the best forum by far.........!

Thank you

plettieri

Just two different sites... that have boards to help people. In fact, if you look, the boards use different "software", we use phpBB, and TheOfficeExperts uses vBulletin.

plettieri said:
...I can't quite understand " what if any, relationship between the two forums...

If it helps explain things, every now and then people show up here either asking about a different forum for or posting questions about Word or Powerpoint. We know that The Office Experts has forums for each particular program in MS Office, and just send them over there.

The result has been some cross-posting at times. Both from TOE and Ozgrid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaskin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back