Regarding Forum Etiquette

billbent

What is a considered a resonable amount of time to wait an a topic with no replay before cross posting?

BTW- Thank you bunches for this incredible donation of time and resorces for people, like myself, who are spread sheet challanged.

Regards,

We don't really have such strict rules about cross-posting on this board.

For the most part all we ask here is that if you *do* cross-post, post a link to the other sites/threads where you have asked the same question.

A more thorough explanation as to why can be found here (it's honestly easier to link to this than to try to explain it myself :) )
http://www.excelguru.ca/node/7

One big thing is, if you do cross-post to another forum, and your question is solved there, be sure to post back here that it has been resolved.

"What is a considered a resonable amount of time to wait an a topic with no replay before cross posting?"

...but no relpies often means a poorly specified problem. Before posting again, review your post & see if you've done a good job of explaining the trouble you're having

"What is a considered a resonable amount of time to wait an a topic with no replay before cross posting?"

...but no relpies often means a poorly specified problem. Before posting again, review your post & see if you've done a good job of explaining the trouble you're having
What he (/they) said :p Spelling and grammar count too - at least for some potential question solvers. Before I contribute 25 purely volunteer minutes of my life for a stranger, I'd like to believe that the questioner has taken the basic effort to proofread first. In my experience, flagrant spelling or grammatical violations may suggest a wasted effort in responding; if there's inattentiveness and/or lack of initiative it will probably carry over to a misstatement of their question and looseness with facts. So sometimes I say to myself "Why Bother?" and skip over their question, just on G.P. :oops:

(I do give vast leeway upon seeing non English speaking entities' flags. Rewards are earned by those who - courageously, I sometimes feel - take the initiative and effort to seek help despite their discomfort or embarrassment with ESL.)

Note: there are at least three non-slang, non-abbreviatory grammatical violations in my post :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kkeller10

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back