Referencing a cell within a chart-title

Es123

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I'm trying to reference a value from a cell or just like the current date to be shown within a chart, actually a very simple thing.
There are solutions on the net one would think of but hey don't work. I have Excel365.

using ="Some text " & I91 as a chart title should actually work just like "=Today()" as text within a Label added to the chart. Solutions on the net tell its working but my Excel just shows the typed text not the date or referenced cell value. I didn't see any configuration to tell Excel not to resolve the typed text. What do I miss here?

Thanks for any hint

1727258604060.png

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
It looks like you entered that text in the chart title itself, not in the formula bar. You can link to cells by selecting the chart title (not entering the text edit mode of the title, just select the edge of it) then click in the formula bar, type = and select the cell you want.
I do not believe you can combine text and a cell reference at the same time in the formula link. You either need to have another cell that produces the actual result you want, then link to that, or you need to use a defined name.

Upvote 0
Solution
It looks like you entered that text in the chart title itself, not in the formula bar. You can link to cells by selecting the chart title (not entering the text edit mode of the title, just select the edge of it) then click in the formula bar, type = and select the cell you want.
I do not believe you can combine text and a cell reference at the same time in the formula link. You either need to have another cell that produces the actual result you want, then link to that, or you need to use a defined name.
Selecting the edge of the chart-title and entering the text in the formula bar as suggested gives me this.

1727260254940.png

Upvote 0
ok, adding the sheet-name it works (=CL!$I$91)

Thank You

Upvote 0
The reference needs to include the sheet name, which is why I suggested you select the cell.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sam1121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back